With this eBook, you will be able to build on a modest budget a HotWire CNC Foam Cutter.
Why would you want to use a CNC machine to make wings and fuselages? Surely it’s cheaper to buy
Yes, it can be to start with but some of the big EDF jets made from foam can be quite expensive. I’ve seen a few crashed beyond repair at my flying club. The first flying wing I built with the machine flew fantastic until I crashed it, well I crashed it a few times but the last one was its final. So power up the machine and cut some new wing cores and I was back in the air in a few days. I made a video series showing the build of the new wing here
Another reason I use my machine is to build models that you can’t buy or if you could they would be very expensive. I really enjoy researching and designing my own and there’s some very good software you can use now.
Whats in this eBook
- Full instructions showing how to build the machine
- A proven design. Check my the RC Planes section on the website to see what you can build.
- Detailed plans for the mechanical build.
- Several options for the electronic hardware with product links and recommendations
- Foams that can be used.
- Links to g-code to run on wing to test your machine on.
- And finally software, which can be the most challenging part. I cover both free and paid options. Mach3, LinuxCNC, JediCut, DevFus Foam and Profili2 Pro.
If you’d like to support the ebook and the website you can donate here Donate