This is my new Hot Wire CNC Foam Cutter which you can run from modern computers and laptops with a USB interface. I’ve also included all the details should you wish to use a computer with the old parallel port interface running Mach3 or LinuxCNC.
What’s in this eBook
- Full instructions showing how to build the machine with video tutorials.
- An updated design. I’ve made several modifications to make the build simpler. The new design is lighter and intended to be run with stepper motors and controllers used in 3d printers. You can still use other stepper motors and controllers if you wish. Details in the ebook
- Links to the plans for the mechanical build. Full-size templates for all but 2 parts of the build e.g. stepper motor mounts. There is a small charge for the plans.
- Electronics install and configuration
- Links to parts required to build the machine
- Foams and Hot Wires used.
- Using Mach3 or LinuxCNC with the parallel port interface.
- And finally software, which can be the most challenging part. I cover both free and paid options.